Face Masks-There are so many ways to make a face mask with ingredients you can currently find in your house! For example, a simple honey and oatmeal mask can be made by combining honey and oatmeal powder with milk or water. The mixture should then be applied to the face and left on for 20 minutes. The mask will help moisturize the skin, as well as reduce redness.(Face Masks)
1. Acne mask
Acne is often considered the most prevalent skin condition in the U.S. It forms when oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria clog pores. Acne includes blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, nodules, and cysts. There are many benefits to eating eggs, but did you know that the protein in egg whites can also help to get rid of bacteria on the skin and stop breakouts?
- 2 to 3 egg whites
- Separate the egg yolk from the whites. Put the egg whites in a bowl.
- Take a few strands of cotton and dip them in the bowl. Rub your face with them, making sure to evenly coat every area- you don’t want to miss any spots!
- Apply the mask for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Wipe off dirt with a damp cloth, then moisturize.
2. Hyperpigmentation mask
Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation refers to darkened areas that often occur after an inflammatory process, like acne, aging, or sun damage. A little-known way to reduce hyperpigmentation is by using dermatological treatments, which are often expensive. With a natural turmeric mask, you can save money and even out your skin tone. Not only will this decrease inflammation but also help improve your skin’s appearance.(Face Masks)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 to 2 tbsp. raw honey
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl to create a paste
- Use your hands to rub the packet of nutmeg all over your clean face.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes, then wash it off with warm water.
3. Clogged pores mask
Oatmeal and baking soda can provide a gentle exfoliation, which can help remove dead skin cells and clear clogged pores.
- 2 tsp. oatmeal
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Mix the oatmeal and baking soda in a small bowl. Add a few drops of water to form it into a paste.
- Massage the paste gently over your face and then let it set.
- Wash off with warm water and apply a moisturizer. (Face Masks)
4. Oily skin mask
Oily skin occurs when your pores produce too much sebum, a natural skin oil.
Oils from sebum can clog pores on the skin, triggering acne and inflammation. Bananas contain a high percentage of Vitamin B6 and can act as an oil-absorbing agent on the skin. Lemons help cleanse pores by purifying them with astringent properties. (Face Masks)
- 1 banana
- 10 drops of lemon juice
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Mash the banana in a bowl. Mix the lemon juice and olive oil together to form a liquid paste
- Put the mask on your face, leaving it on for 15 minutes before washing it off with a warm cloth.
5. Dry skin mask
A hydrating facial mask can help replenish the moisture in your skin and provide a soothing effect. People with sensitive skin types also find relief from redness and itching.
- half a cucumber
- 2 tbsp. aloe vera gel
- Blend your cucumber and combine it with aloe vera.
- With a soft cloth, generously apply the mask to your clean face.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and then wash it off with water.
6. Wrinkles mask
There are many ways to keep your skin looking youthful and healthy, both inside and out. You can do this by following a diet rich in certain nutrients and taking certain supplements. The outside of your body is also important, so you should get facials to promote tighter, firmer skin with minimized wrinkles; this could be done with a paste made of avocados and cocoa. (Face Masks)
- 2 avocados
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- Mash the avocados in a bowl, then add the cocoa powder and honey.
- Massage the mask onto your face.
- Let that sit for 20 minutes and then wash with warm water.
7. sensitive skin face masks
Witch hazel and rose water have been used as beauty treatments for centuries, thanks to their astringent and anti-inflammatory qualities. Astringents help tighten pores, which can reduce the appearance of blackheads. (Face Masks)
8. Witch hazel and rose water massage
- Mix a few drops of witch hazel with rose or white tea water.
- This water mixture can be used to hydrate a bentonite clay mask.
- Keep the mask on for 10 or so minutes, or around half an hour
Why it works: An extract from the witch hazel plant that is often used for skin care can work to remove excess oil and prevent acne. Its natural antibacterial properties are also good for pimples.
“Avoid preparations with alcohol in the base like witch hazel. It can be too drying and irritating for the skin.”
How do face masks benefit the skin?
A facial mask will help replenish and moisturize your skin. This is because the ingredients are able to sit on your skin for 10 to 30 minutes.
Facial masks can improve the texture of your skin, clean out pores and balance oil, and tighten and tone the skin. Some provide deep hydration and others may smooth or create a brighter complexion.
If you don’t have time to make a mask, over-the-counter masks are easy to find and cheaper than visiting a spa.
This type of mask is for the wash-and-go gal who has no time to wait an hour. You simply rinse it off with a wet or warm cloth and then wipe away any excess product left on the skin. For deep cleansing and exfoliation, you can use a peel-off gel-based mask that needs to dry before peeling it off.
There’s also the option of a sheet mask. Rather than applying a cream or gel, you’ll place a facial sheet (containing nutrients and minerals) over your face. (Face Masks)